Dear Healthcare Provider,
SourceMark is a US company that has been focused on equipping our frontline healthcare professionals with Infection Prevention, Anesthesia/Airway, and Surgical products for over 13 years. Given this unprecedented time in our US history, we want to continue to do our part to support our colleagues by providing information on a regular basis about our products that we believe can be useful in helping to protect our clinicians and lessoning the burden on our healthcare system.
The first product we would like to inform you about that we believe could make an impact on the frontline is our Nozin® Nasal Sanitizer® antiseptic.
- What is it? A patented, alcohol based nasal antiseptic formulated for the nasal vestibule—Think hand sanitizer for your nose®. The active ingredient in Nozin® Nasal Sanitizer® is 62% alcohol. Note: The CDC recommends at least 60% alcohol for a hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available. https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html
- How can a Nozin MRSA risk mitigation program help alleviate some of the burden on our healthcare system?
- A Nozin MRSA risk mitigation program can help safely replace contact precautions for MRSA colonization allowing for a reduction in isolation days and use of isolation gowns and gloves—thus freeing up hospital resources.
- Nozin equips healthcare professionals, patients and individuals with safe and effective, clinically supported programs that help provide protection from infection causing pathogens.
- How is it used? Available in a single-use, POPswab® ampules or 12mL bottle with cotton swabs for repeated application. Nozin is applied by swabbing the nasal vestibule every 12 hours helping to reduce the risk of nasal colonization.
- Clinical evidence? “House-wide application of alcohol-based Nozin nasal antiseptic in place of screening and contact precautions, resulted in a reduced incidence of both MRSA bacteremia and surgical site infections for all types of surgical procedures, in addition to significant costs avoided.”
- Scott Arden, RN, BSN. MRSA Prevention; Open Forum Infectious Diseases; 2019 Oct; 6(Suppl 2): S268. https://www.nozin.com/evidence/
- Origin and manufacturing? Developed and manufactured by Global Life Technologies Corp, Bethesda, MD. USA. Reliable supply of product available.
- How can I purchase?
- Healthcare facilities – Nozin® Nasal Sanitizer® antiseptic is on contract with HealthTrust, Premier and Intalere. Contact a SourceMark Customer Experience Manager at 866-525-7001.
- Personal use - https://www.nozin.com/consumer-store